You Gotta Have Heart Baby

About Me

My photo
I'm an Army Wife and a mom of 2 very handsom little boys. I beleive that we should have dinner together with a home cooked meal every night. I'm a loving, reading, tattoo covered, red head. I'm also a stay at home mom that refurbishes furniture then sales it out of her garage. And I LURVE making old furniture new. " You can stay the same, not lose anything, but never know what there was to be gained. Or you can RISK, guaranteeing some loss, and yet gain more than you knew was possible." -author unkown

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rayna's Baked Potato SOOOUUUPPPP

Rayna's baked potato soup.

You will need...
  • 1 can chicken broth or stock (I make my own but this is easier)
  • 3 cans condensed milk
  • 4 pieces of chopped bacon
  • 1 cup water
  • 1cup flour
  • 1 tsp salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder
  • 4 large baking potatoes
  • 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese.
  • 1/4 stick butter
In a stock pot add the chicken stock and the condensed milk, butter flour and spices.(stir well) Put stove on medium heat.
 (I put the potatoes in the microwave in a plastic bag after rinsing them and poking holes all over them with a fork.)
Chop potatoes once cooled and add to the soup.
In a separate sauce pan I add the chopped bacon and cook until done then add both bacon (and drippings) to the soup. Cook on low for about an hour.

Extras!
After everything is done I add more cheese to the top, sour cream and chopped green onions.
Cook times may very in all cases.
Spices are according to tastes add or subtract as much as you'd like.
This meal is completely unhealthy but oh so good if you've been sick or just had your wisdom teeth out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment