You Gotta Have Heart Baby

About Me

My photo
I'm an Army Wife and a mom of 2 very handsom little boys. I beleive that we should have dinner together with a home cooked meal every night. I'm a loving, reading, tattoo covered, red head. I'm also a stay at home mom that refurbishes furniture then sales it out of her garage. And I LURVE making old furniture new. " You can stay the same, not lose anything, but never know what there was to be gained. Or you can RISK, guaranteeing some loss, and yet gain more than you knew was possible." -author unkown

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Angel Food UPdate!




It's been 5 months since I decided to start buying Angel Food Ministries groceries for my family.

5 months of not worrying whether we were going to run out of food a week before the next paycheck and 5 months of not worrying if I could afford to eat or pay the gas for my car.

Simply said, I freakin LOVE AFM. I plan to volunteer on Saturdays when they are distributing as well. What led me to all of this? The threat of a government shut down where Military might night be paid. Someone mentioned on a site the name Angel Food Ministries. And I looked into it. $35.00 for the Bountiful Blessings box. Which is enough to help feed a family of 4 for a week or 2 people for a month. Or longer depending on how you use it.

I can't stress this enough that ANYONE can use Angel Food Ministries.
You can show up in a beat up old Gremlin (anyone member those?) or a new BMW they don't care.You can pay online or through calling them, or show up at your host site.  Anyone using the SNAPS program can use them as well. You don't have to be of the same religion you could be purple and these people would not judge you. They want to help and Buying helps them help others. You can select to Sponsor a child through the no child goes without program or sponsor a Soldiers family.

A couple of months ago. We had a cable bill mix up. We were over charged $460.00 to our account. (there went my grocery money.) But thanks to angel food and stocking up on them when I could afford it my family made it 3 1/2 weeks till next pay check without even touching all of the food I stashed. So far I've managed to save $500 a month lowering my grocery bill to $250.00 a month.

Here's a few pictures of this months haul that we picked up today.
I had 9 boxes in total today. To re stock. I had as follows.
  1. B-3 The Bountiful Blessings Box
  2. B-4 The Golden Cuisine (for hubby's lunch everyday)
  3. B-6 Just for Me (kids after school box)
  4. B-7 No Child Goes Without Box
  5. B-9 Shelf Stable Pantry Box
  6. 2 special boxes (they change month to month)
  7. S-3 Special # 3 Premium Fresh Fruit and Veggie Box.
I do not do this every time! Usually just the BB Box and Just for me boxes.


Here's some pork chops that came in the August order a long with chicken below it. it all come individually sealed.




The No child goes without box.


Fruit and Veggies box.

All leads too a FULL FREEZER. If you have anything in your freezer before angel food clear it out. Because most of the stuff comes frozen.



To Order angel food please visit the following.

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/
Or visit them at facebook by search Angel Food Ministries.

To order online go to this months menu. Select the meals you would like, select a host site, order and pick up at the date posted. For the first month affording WAS hard I'm not going to lie because you can't pick your food up till the end of the month. But AFTER the first month your set. If you have any questions or concerns you can contact me here by leaving me a message or my facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/goddessxxsweet

No comments:

Post a Comment