You Gotta Have Heart Baby

About Me

My photo
I'm an Army Wife and a mom of 2 very handsom little boys. I beleive that we should have dinner together with a home cooked meal every night. I'm a loving, reading, tattoo covered, red head. I'm also a stay at home mom that refurbishes furniture then sales it out of her garage. And I LURVE making old furniture new. " You can stay the same, not lose anything, but never know what there was to be gained. Or you can RISK, guaranteeing some loss, and yet gain more than you knew was possible." -author unkown

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Upcycled

I think I found a quote that fits perfectly for what I feel is the definition of the word upcyle

" You can stay the same, not lose anything, but never know what there was to be gained. Or you can RISK, guaranteeing some loss, and yet gain more than you knew was possible." -author unknown

I really do take the furniture I re-sand, re-paint, re-stain, re-cover and sometimes even re-sale seriously. There is no ugly furniture. You can make it into something beautiful with [most of the time] just a coat of spray paint!
                  (My name is Rayna and I am a spray-paint-oholic)

OK I'll admit that painting does have some risk... But going back with the quote. I will say that I have never regretted painting a piece of furniture natural wood or not.  And it's a friggen coat of paint if you don't like it re-paint it. $25.00 later you'll have a piece you love and that makes everything worth it.

1 comment: