You Gotta Have Heart Baby

About Me

My photo
I'm an Army Wife and a mom of 2 very handsom little boys. I beleive that we should have dinner together with a home cooked meal every night. I'm a loving, reading, tattoo covered, red head. I'm also a stay at home mom that refurbishes furniture then sales it out of her garage. And I LURVE making old furniture new. " You can stay the same, not lose anything, but never know what there was to be gained. Or you can RISK, guaranteeing some loss, and yet gain more than you knew was possible." -author unkown

Monday, April 18, 2011

All that Southern Food!

I know it's unhealthy but it's comfort food. can we say YUM. I'll post more healthy recipes I just had to get these out of my system!

Pork chops and Milk gravy:

4 slices bacon
4 large thick pork chops
1/2 cup flour
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cup milk

Fry the bacon first, then dip the chops in flour, with salt and pepper. Save whats left of the flour. Fr the chops in the hot bacon drippings until brown on both sides. Turn down heat, cover, and cook till chops are tender and throughly cooked-About 30 min. Stir your left over flour into the fat and cook till browned. Pour milk over the chops and simmer till gravy is thickened.

Southern-Fried Chicken:
1 good-sized fryer or pan
Salt and pepper
Milk
1 1/2 cups sifted flour

Cut chicken into serving pieces. Rub well with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes. Then soak in milk another 30 minutes. Put flour, a little salt and pepper, and chicken into a bag, and shake well until every piece is coated. Fry in hot, deep fryer at high heat or 400 degrees, until golden brown. Leave heavy pieces in a little longer then the smaller ones.


I'll leave room for some requests I have recipe's for:
 Buttermilk Biscuits
 Skillet Corn Bread
Coconut Cream Pie
Pecan Pie
Chicken and dumplings
Fried Ham with Red-eye Gravy
Grits
Fried Catfish
Regular Milk Gravy
Snap Beans
Black-Eyed Peas
Creamed Corn
Lima Beans & Butter Beans
Candied Yams
Fried Okra
Turnip and Collard Greens

No comments:

Post a Comment