You Gotta Have Heart Baby

About Me

My photo
I'm an Army Wife and a mom of 2 very handsom little boys. I beleive that we should have dinner together with a home cooked meal every night. I'm a loving, reading, tattoo covered, red head. I'm also a stay at home mom that refurbishes furniture then sales it out of her garage. And I LURVE making old furniture new. " You can stay the same, not lose anything, but never know what there was to be gained. Or you can RISK, guaranteeing some loss, and yet gain more than you knew was possible." -author unkown

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Plates on the Wall?



There's an old (she's not old! Just in the term I known her awhile) acquaintance of mine, that I've looked up to since I met her 6 years ago. And I will be posting her links on here further down

So before I go further note that this was not my idea but I wanted to pass on the knowledge!

Ok sooo. Decorating with serving plates sounds a little weird right?
I SURE THOUGHT SO!

But the more pictures I looked at the more I fell in love. So I looked through all my plates and found a few candidates but nothing I fell in love with. So I went to Home Goods in Savannah.


And if you've ever been there you know they sale really NICE things and half the price. Even though it was a good price I visited the Clearance section. There were a lot of things I loved on that isle but a collection of plates stood out. For $2.00 a piece I got four of them. (Later on while helping me with a Garage sale hubby broke one and my Scentsy plug in. Boo to that!

So here is what I did and what you'll need to do the same.
  1. Wall tacks
  2. Paper clips
  3. Hot glue gun and 3 sticks
  4. plates!
  5. And a wall you know the kids or pets aren't going to be able to get to them.
Here's the finished project.


First get your tacks, paper clips and glue gone together.  I take the paper clips and bend them a litte bit so it attaches better. Lay the plate down, place the bent paper clip on the back of the plate (If the plate is decorated make sure it's where you like it.) then add hot glue all around the clip minus the part you want to be able to hang on the wall.

It should look like this.

(note the tag I told ya clearance rocks!)

Next let it dry for a few minutes enough to let all the glue harden completely. Then place tack/nail on the wall where you like it. My hubby loves to use a level (Loves I'm mean he's OCD about it. But I wing it and seem to do just fine) To each his own I guess. Then make sure the glue is dry and add plate like this..

Duh!!! Right? It's easy peasy and it WORKS! I have to use tacks because I live in military housing. Big holes = big money. In the end you'll have this!!!

Odd angle but that's the best I could get with my camera. That desk is an Upcycle Project that is a work in progress. But you get the idea.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this post and please tell me what you think.
Both the table, the ribbon and the lamp are a work in progress so stay tuned!

This is that friend I was telling you about!
Please visit Beths blog at http://www.freestylinbeth.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment