You Gotta Have Heart Baby

About Me

My photo
I'm an Army Wife and a mom of 2 very handsom little boys. I beleive that we should have dinner together with a home cooked meal every night. I'm a loving, reading, tattoo covered, red head. I'm also a stay at home mom that refurbishes furniture then sales it out of her garage. And I LURVE making old furniture new. " You can stay the same, not lose anything, but never know what there was to be gained. Or you can RISK, guaranteeing some loss, and yet gain more than you knew was possible." -author unkown

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Angel Food Ministries

Take 2
I had this all written out and it suddenly deleted with only saving the first line in a draft. booo on that one. Oh well let's try this again.


So a couple of weeks ago when we were facing a possible government shut down I decided to look more into food options for my family. I've never been a hard core coupon cutter that I wish I was. But I do try to save my family money buy grocery shopping at literally 3 different stores to get the savings I need. (not saving gas though) I would so love to live back in Texas again in the country where I could be completely self sufficaint. But I live in an apartment / soon to be government housing on a military base in Georgia and thats just not in the cards for us. So what could I do? Thankfully I didn't have to wait long to have an answer. While on Facebook one day a friend posted a link (and I will a little later) for Angel Food Ministries.


A.F.M is a non profit organization that helps families all over the world afford good healthy food at HALF the retail price. They also have links to support a soldier's family that when I do have the extra cash I'm going to do. And food boxes that keep children fed with the No Child Goes Without food program. I ordered for the first time a few days ago and I pick up my food April 23rd. The day after we sign papers for our government quarters. I will update as soon as possible with pictures but I have a list of what we have bought so far and it's a TON of food.



This is what we orderd and it came out to $140.00 = $2 conveinece fee for ordering online.


Bountiful Blessing Box: $41.00
2 lb. Beef steak burgers
2 lb. All nat Boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 lb. Fully cooked meatloaf (sounds a little odd to me)
2 lb. Sloppy Joe Mix
2.5 Lb. Unbreded chicken wings
1.5 lb. Whiting Fillets (fish)
1.5 lb. Breaded chicken breast chunks
1.5 lb. Smoked Sausage
1.5 lb. Fully cooked meatballs
1 lb. 100% Ground Turkey
1 lb. 3 way veggie blend
1 lb. Fresh/frozen butter peas
1 lb. Mini Broccoli Florets
1 lb. Large sliced Carrots
2 lb. Waffle Fries
1 lb. Spinach
28 oz. Baked Beans
12 oz. Egg Noodles
8 oz. Jambalaya Rice mix
8 oz. Corn Muffin mix
8 oz. Buttermilk Pacake mix
31 oz. 2% shelf stable milk (again odd to me)
Dozen Eggs
and each box contains one family desert item.


Pastor Joes Premuim Box: $51.00
2 lbs. Angus Fillet of sirloin (4x8 oz.)
5 lbs. Pork Bar-B-Q
17 oz. Crab Cakes 
20 oz. Twice Baked Potatoes
1 lb. Broccoli Florets
1 lb. Cauliflower Florets
4 ea. Corn on the cob
1 lb. Brussell Sprouts
1 lb. sugar snap peas


Special #3 Premium Fresh Fruit and Veggie Box : $23.00
1 Golden ripe Pineapple
4 California Lemons
1 Cantalope 
4 Navel Oranges
1 lb. Red Seedless grapes
1 mango
3 lbs. Red potatoes 
1 lbs. Cello carrots
1 head, Cabbage
20 oz. Green beans
5.5 oz. Bag, Green Onoins
1 Sleeved, Stalk celery


Special #4 4 lb. assorted Steak special: $25.00
2 lb. New York Strip Steaks 
2 lb. Ribeye Steaks


Again I paid $142.oo in total for it all. And there is tons more to chose from. This is from the April menu it changes every month. All boxes are made to feed a family of 4. And ANYONE all over the WORLD can order. And this month (last day to order is today) has an Easter Holiday Box. I'm going to try to do this every month as it cuts our food bill in half. And I'll update more with how it goes.


Here's their link you can also find them on Facebook.
http://www.angelfoodministries.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment